Have you tried this recipe of a soft, rich and mouth melting caramel fudge? If you haven’t, you need to make a batch right away! It melts in the mouth and the recipe uses no heavy cream, dairy or refined sugar and it’s homemade. You know what you are eating! Once made, it can be stored in the freezer and consumed throughout a week.
Yield: about 150g of fudge, prep time – 10 minutes, freezing time – 3 hours, total time – 3 hours and 10 minutes
Total calories per fudge of 20g: about 84kcal
Protein – about 7g
Carbs – about 3g
Fat – about 5g
- 100g organic peanut or almond butter
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp almond or soy milk
- 1 scoop caramel protein powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Peel and grate one medium banana
- Add the banana paste to peanut butter and stir until it will become creamy and smooth. If you keep the butter at the room temperature it will help stirring (you don’t need to do the heavy work, use your food processor)
- Add the the rest of the ingredients to the mixture and and blend until very smooth! There should be no lumps at all. Just smooth cream.
- Layer a baking sheet with a baking paper. Spread the fudge paste on the tray. It doesn’t need to come to the edge. Sprinkle with sea flakes.
- Place in fridge or freezer until firm. Cut into squares (size is of your choice). Store in the fridge to maintain solid bars.