These cookies are buttery and crunchy, and packed with protein. Exactly what you need to treat yourself to after a good workout! You’d have to put them away before you finish them all. These cookies are suitable for freezing.
Yield: 12-14 cookies, prep time – 5 minutes, cooking time – 10 minutes, total time – 15 minutes
Total calories per cookie: about 221kcal
Protein – about 12g
Carbs – about 6g
Fat – about 17g
- 225g organic peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp Stevia
- 1 egg, large
- 2 scoops protein powder (peanut, chocolate or vanilla flavour)
- 1 ½ Tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Beat the egg and stevia together
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until your consistency is like cookie dough. If the batter looks runny, add a few more tablespoons of protein powder. You can add chocolate chips, if you desire. Just mix them with the batter.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dough into your palms and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball and place on a baking sheet. Use a fork to create classic peanut butter cookie criss-cross marks on your cookie.
- Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Leave them to cool for 10-15 minutes until the cookies become harden!