Let’s cool ourselves down with this honeydew watermelon sorbet. It’s light, refreshing and VEGAN!
Yield: 400-500gr (depending on the size of the melon), prep time – 5 minutes, cooking time – 10 minutes, cooling time – 4-6 hours, total time – 4 hours 15 minutes
Total calories per 100g portion – about 58kcal
Protein – 1.4g
Carbs – 13.4g
Fat – 0.3g
- 1 honeydew melon, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. freshly lime juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup water
- Zest of lime or mint leaves (for decoration)
- Cut melon into cubes
- Put the cubes onto the baking sheet, layered with baking paper. Leave enough space in between the cubes to allow for even freezing.
- Freeze the honeydew overnight, or until completely frozen (4-6 hours).
- Once the honeydew cubes are frozen, put them into the food processor. Add lime juice, honey, and water, and pulse until the honeydew becomes crumbly. If the paste is not smooth enough, add more water until the mixture becomes more fluid, but not slushy. What we need is a soft sorbet texture look.
- Taste and add more honey if needed.
- Top it up with a zest of lime or mint leaves and serve!
The sorbet can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.