Have you noticed that after a hard day, you crave for peanuts? Peanuts are the source of protein and monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, niacin, iron and other healthy micro elements. To help you to recover after a hard week, we prepared a special chokolate cups loaded with peanuts goodness.
Yield: 6 cups, prep time – 10 min, cooking time – 30 minutes, total time – 40 min.
Total calories per piece: about 148kcal
Protein – about 5g
Carbs – about 5g
Fat – about 12g
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup, or other sweeteners
- 2 Scoops chocolate peanut butter protein powder
- 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- Peanuts/almonds, for garnish (optional)
- Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside
- Warm up butter, add maple syrup and mix well
- Stir in the protein powder and cocoa powder until smooth and mixed.
- Spoon 1 tsp of the mixture into 6 of the muffins tins, making sure to give a good stir of the mixture each time (to prevent the powders from settling to the bottom of the bowl) and place in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Once the bottom layer is frozen, spoon 1 tsp of peanut butter onto the centre of each layer. You can press peanuts or almonds into the centre of cupcakes. Top it up with the rest of chocolate mixture and freeze for at least 3 hours