Chocolate, tender, with a hint of Baileys, this a perfect pre or post workout treat. They’are also super delicious and healthy! Made with protein powder and soy yogurt, these pancakes are suitable a for vegan!
Yield: 5 pancakes, prep time – 10 min, cooking time – 30 minutes, total time – 40 min.
Total calories per 5: about 294 kcal
Protein – about 30g
Carbs – about 30g
Fat – about 6g
- 2 scoops coffee/chokolate flavoured protein powder
- 6 Tbsp oat flour
- 1 cups any gluten-free flour (could be almond or buckwheat)
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp Baileys or Baileys flavored sugar free syrup
- 3 cups soy/coconut yogurt (you can use dairy options if you prefer)
- 2 tsp stevia sweetener
- 1 zest of an unwaxed orange (optional)
- Berries (to decorate)
- Combine and mix together protein powder, oat flour, gluten-free flour, cacao, coffee and baking powder
- In another bowl mix together almond milk and Baileys. Slowly pour into dry mixture and stir well. The mixture should be thick. If it looks too dry, add a bit more of almond milk or water.
- Put a small pan onto a medium-low heat. Grease it lightly with coconut oil.
- Pour pancake batter 1/3 a cup at a time. Cover pan with a lid and cook for several minutes.
- Flip and cook for several more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Whip together yogurt and stevia
- Spread filling on each layer and add orange zest on top (optional). Decorate with berries of your choice.