Try a piece of this chocolate heaven. It is perfect protein enriched snacks to go. They are not too sweet, and sugar-free, so you can enjoy them without worries. They are simply so delicious that it may be hard to stop eating them. Luckily, they are not high in calories, so eating more than one bar at a time is not a big problem.
Yield: 15 brownies, prep time – 15 min, baking time – 30 minutes, total time – 45 min.
Total calories per portion: about 87kcal
Protein – about 6.5g
Carbs – about 9g
Fat – about 3g
- 1 cup any gluten-free flour (I prefer oat flower)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 scoops chocolate flavoured protein (the darker the better!)
- 3 Tbsp sweetener (I use stevia as it’s natural and low in calories)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 150g sugar-free jam (apple, plum, or rhubarb jam)
- 3 Tbsp. raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips (I love just unsweetened 100% dark cholate junks)
- 75g pitted prunes (chopped)
- 30g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 85ml almond milk
- 2 Tbsp blanched almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees
- Chop prunes into small pieces.
- Whisk egg whites with sweetener and salt (added salt makes egg whites “fluffier”), until they double the size.
- Add almond milk, Greek yogurt and jam of your choice. Mix together in a same bowl.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients (flour, powder and baking powder, raw cocoa).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Stir in the chopped prunes, dark chocolate chips and almond flakes.
- Pour batter into the baking form and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool on a wire rack and divide into squares.