This recipe is great for those who can’t resist eating cookie dough before it reaches the oven. It is easy to make, suitable for vegans and does not require baking.
Protein bars stay fresh for a week if stored in an airtight container in the fridge, or they can be frozen and consumed within 3 months.
Yield: 6 portions, prep time – 5 min, cooking time – 10 min, cooling time – 2 hours, total time – 2h 15 min.
Total calories per portion: about 80 kcal
Protein – about 5.5 g
Carbs – about 8g
Fat – about 3.5g
- 6 Tbsp (42g) coconut flour
- 6 Tbsp (30g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp (4g) vegetable oil, melted
- 9 Tbsp (135mL) vanilla soy milk at room temperature
- 4 ½ Tbsp (43g) Truvia/ SweetLeaf stevia sweeter (can be mixed together)
- 2 Tbsp (28g) dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut flakes
- salt to taste
- Mix together coconut oil, vanilla milk and sweeters (Truvia and SweetLeaf) until fully dissolved.
- In another bowl, mix together coconut flour, vanilla protein powder, coconut flakes and salt.
- Add in the liquid mixture to the flour and stir well. If the dough looks too wet, add a bit more coconut flour.
- Fold in 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Pour the crumbly dough into the tray, and gently press it across the bottom using a spatula.
- Gently press the remaining chocolate chips into the top creating ‘polka dot’ look.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before slicing into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to eat.