This awesome light desert is perfect for any time of the day, completely sugar and gluten free, low in carbs, high in fiber and suitable for vegans. Plus, it’s super easy to make! No cooking required.
Yield: Serving 4-6 portions, prep time – 5 min, cooking time – 5 min, waiting time – 1 hour, total time – 1.30 min.
Total calories per portion: about 100 kcal
Protein – about 10g
Carbs – about 10g
Fat – about 3g
- 450g Organic Fat reduced Tofu, drained
- 495g (2 cups) 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree, canned (you can make it yourself if you prefer). You can also swop it for Apple, Pear or any other fruit puree
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Toffee or Pumpkin pie Flavoured unsweetened syrup
- 2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 portion of gelatin
- Fat-free yogurt or Cashew butter (optional)
- 2 scoops of Bannofee pie whey protein (optional if you aim to increase your protein intake)
- Drain tofu
- Put it between two paper towels to remove liquid completely
- Prepare pumpkin (apples) if you don’t use canned puree (oven-baked would be a perfect option)
- Mix gelatin with 3 Tbsp of warm water until dissolved. Do not boil.
- Put tofu into a high-speed blender
- Add gelatin and the rest of the ingredients to the blender and puree until completely smooth
- Pour the liquid into serving bowls and put in the fridge
- Serve with fat-free yogurt, cashew butter
- Decorate with nuts and dried apricots (optional)