Just because the weather outside says it’s still spring, it cannot stop us from embracing the summer! We prepared a special summer treat recipe just for you guys! Refreshing fruit pops boasting with vitamin C!
Yield: 8 portions, prep time – 30 min, cooking time – about 10 min. Total time – about 4 hours.
Total calories per piece: about 40 kcal
Protein – 0g
Carbs – 10g
Fat – 0g
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 tsp sweetener
- 3 cups of water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh peppermint
- 2 chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Mix 2 teaspoons sweetener with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil
- Cook about 30 seconds
- Pour into a bowl
- Stir in lemon juice, orange juice and extract
- Cool for 15 minutes
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
APPLE & PEPPERMINT LAYER:
- Chop apples into small squires
- Add 3 teaspoons sweetener and 2 cups of water and boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes
- Stir in chopped leaves of peppermint
- Cover and set aside for 30 minutes
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl. Discard solids.
- Stir in lime juice
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Pour about 2 1/2 tablespoons apple mixture into each of 8 ice pop molds
- Freeze 1 1/2 hours or until almost set.
- Arrange 1 wooden stick into mixture, being careful not to push through to bottom of mold. Return to freezer.
- Freeze 1 hour or until frozen.
- Remove molds from freezer.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons lemon mixture over frozen apple mixture in each mold.
- Freeze 2 hours or until completely frozen.