I’m a bit pancakes fan. These recipe is, probably, one of my favourites, as the pancakes are delicious, quick to make (about 15 minutes), and also gluten, dairy and sugar free.
Yield: 6 pancakes, prep time – 5 min, cooking time – 10 min, total time – 15 min.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond/soy milk
- ½ tsp. cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup almond/oat/buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 1 scoop whey/soy protein powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- a pinch of cinnamon
- pure maple syrup
- toasted walnuts/almonds/peanuts, optional
- Heat griddle to 300 degrees F (or heat a skillet over medium heat)
- Combine the pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk and vinegar (or lemon juice) in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add flour, protein, flax seeds, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt and stir until well combined. Batter will be slightly thick.
- Lightly oil griddle or skillet surface with coconut oil. Pour batter onto griddle using an ⅛ cup measure or a heaping tablespoon. Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles pop on the surface of pancake. (about 3 minutes).
- Continue cooking other side until golden brown.
- Enjoy with pure maple syrup (homey) and some toasted walnuts on top.