Since Fit&Treat production kitchen in London was closed November 2016 I received hundreds of emails from our customers and followers asking me to share recipes we used to cook their loved healthy meals. So I decided It would be at least selfish to keep a secret. From this moment i’m going to publish bit by bit all Fit&Treat’s healthy recipes created in Fit&Treat’s kitchen and gathered from best industry experts for years of my bikini-fitness expurience.
Starting the series with healthy muffins.
Personally, I’m not a big fun of muffins but my Fit&Treat’s customers and followers, my family and friends simply love them.
Peanut Butter & Banana Muffins – happy school days flesh back.
These muffins taste exactly the same way as traditional school days snack but far lighter in terms of nutrition. I swaped all heavy and sugary ingredients on healthy substitutes and here we go! Try to make this fantastic snack to spoil your loved ones. Peanut butter-banana healthy muffins could be a great idea as a pre-workout snack or breakfast. Let me know if you liked it.
Protein: 4 grams
Carbs: 23 grams
Fat: 4 grams
1 cup white whole-wheat flour + 1 cup oat or whole grain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 4 large bananas)
2-3 Tbsp. of stevia or any other sweetener (i never use refined sugar in my recipes)
2-3 Tbsp. of honey or agave nectar (optional for those who have a bigger sweet tooth)
1 Tbsp. coconut melted oil
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup creamy peanut/almond butter
1/2 cup unsweetened almond/soya milk
Yield: 15 MUFFINS; prep time: 15 min; cook time: 20-25 min; total time: 37 min
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
3. Whisk together hard ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Mash bananas until smooth. I use mixed but fork is also an option. Add stevia, honey (optional), coconut oil, egg, vanilla and beat everything together. Add in the peanut/almond butter. Add the flour mixture and milk. Mix until smooth.
4. Fill muffin liners half full. Bake about 20 min. until toothpick inserted into muffin centre comes out clean. Cool. I like to serve the muffins with peanut butter and berries. You can store them in room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze and use when needed just reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.