- 1 cups oat flour + 1 cup whole wheat flower + 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 scoops whey protein powder (optional). I use bannoffee pie flavour.
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- 8Tbsp coconut oil, plus 1 tsp. for greasing
- 1 Tbsp. stevia
- 2 Tbsp. honey (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- mixed crushed nuts and dried fruits (optional)
- 85ml/3fl oz unsweetened almond milk mixed with 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and protein powder into a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil butter, stevia and honey together until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, mashed bananas, almond milk and vanilla extract to the butter.
- Add crushed nuts and dried fruits to the butter.
Grease a loaf tin and pour the cake mixture into the tin.
Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour.
Remove from the oven and cool in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.